The Leadstar Theological College Distance and regular program in Master of Art in Pastoral Counseling is mainly designed with the following rationales:-
- Expose students to the various advanced theories and principles of Pastoral Counseling
- Equip graduates with skills to understand and respond to the fast changing Church and Society life situation
- Produce competent and skillful church ministers and professionals who will contribute transformed people in the Church as well as in the community with Christian values, principles and resources.
- Provides strengthened skills for pastoral ministry with an emphasis on missional church planting and multiplication
On completion of their study, students should be able to:-
- can identify and interpret the cases that the counselee face, and offer helpful f the Pentateuch books with certain degree of confidence
- apply, directly and indirectly, the skill what they have gained in the class during their learning time.
- will exhibit knowledge of main theories of pastoral counseling and life cycle development.
- assimilate theological principles with psychological knowhow and skills to offer pastoral counseling in a variety of pastoral care counseling settings.
- communicate and create positive relations with those who are in different in life situation
- will train those who have call to counsel people in the church
- An accredited bachelor’s degree with its transcript
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0.
- Church recommendation which can indicate your active member who need to serve the church and the community
- Pastoral Counseling MA program is 36 credit hours study which takes 2 years for a part time study including final thesis writing.
- If you will join this program from other field of study you will take addition 16 credit hours courses as bridging courses.
- Successful completion of six terms of study participation all courses
- To score individual grade more than ‘C’
- Get a ‘Good’ or better grade in the final “LTC MA Thesis” work which an individual research project.